Tuesday 12 March 2013

MUA-PRO BROW EYEBROW KIT- REVIEW

Over the past few months i have had a love for all things brow related. I really love how the right size ,shape and shade of brows can really frame your eyes and bring your whole face together. You maybe remember a while ago that in a Glossybox some lucky people received a HD Brows kit ,as i was one of those lucky people. I fell in love with the palette and how much difference it made to brows,fast forward a few months and my brow palette is no more as it has unfortunately  took a turn for the worst and smashed to pieces :( So  looking at the HD Brows website and coming to the realisation that the hefty £20 price tag is too much,  I didn't really know if i could justify paying that price so I went on the hunt for a cheaper alternative ......cue the MUA pro-brow ultimate eyebrow kit.





 The packaging is a really sturdy ,sleek black case which opens up to a decent sized mirror which is big enough to check up and groom your brows on the go.The case seems well designed and strong enough to hold up in the depths of your handbag without worrying about it falling apart . Inside the kit contains 4 eyebrow grooming products- 2 eyebrow powders, then a lighter  powder- a highlight shade and a clear gel to set your eyebrows into position. As-well as those the kit also contains a tiny set of tweezers and an angled eyebrow brush.

There is currently only one shade fits all,so the kit is designed to fit all brow shades ,so you may need to mix shades until you find your perfect shade. The lightest shade which they say is the highlight is way too dark for my pale skin to be used as a highlight but I think it could be used for a neutral eye-shadow shade or a light eyebrow shade for those with lovely light locks .The powders are well pigmented and the darkest shade on its own is a good match for my brows although it has a slightly reddish tone but nothing too bad. All 3 powders are very soft and easy to use and much to my surprise I experienced little to no fall out once I applied it. The setting gel , I must admit I'm really not to keen on as I find it gives my eyebrows a slight sheen which I feel looks slightly unnatural but each to their own.
Inside the pallette

The tweezers although a little blunt are workable and are able to pick stray hair or two ,and to be honest i've tried worst ! They are perfect for on the go and a great little addition to the kit. The angled brush is great considering it comes with the palette. the bristles are firm enough and small enough to get the precision you need in the eyebrow area and enable you to create the shape you desire.


the tweezers and angled brush 



Admittedly the MUA kit does not live up to the HD brow kit in terms of lasting power,as i find it fades at around the 8 hour mark and then i might have to do a little top up but only on the slightly oiler parts of my forehead/brow area ,so maybe those with dry skin may not even need to top up. I also wish they had more shades in the range to cater for all tones not just colour,with cool tones as-well as warm but you never know this maybe already in the works as MUA often update their ranges after launch. Otherwise i think the MUA kit is a great little buy and definitely exceeds their £3.50 price tag , definitely one worth giving a go.

The Mua Pro-brow kit is priced £3.50 and is available in Superdrug stores as well as at the MUA website

I'd love to hear what you think about this little kit? Is eyebrow grooming a beauty essential in your daily routine or do you only groom your brows for events or nights out?

thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment