Saturday 9 March 2013

Review : Cover and go duo foundation and concealer




The blurb: Cover and go  foundation and concealer duo for girls on the go!The perfect handbag essential!With its dual pack technology this duo combines  a liquid foundation to give you a flawless glow with cream concealer in the lid to cover dark circles.


















Collection is one of those companies which are either hit or miss. One of their biggest hits being their lasting perfection concealer,  which I'm a big fan of . While their  matching foundation in the lasting perfection range  is a fail surprisingly . 
cover and go duo

Their latest offering comes in the form of this foundation and concealer duo. This is the first duo type base product I have seen available on the high street so I was very excited to give this a go. The product comes in a screw top squeezable tube which is great for girls on the go. In the cap contains a lovely little surprise with a concealer and mirror hidden inside. I thought it was a nice little gimmick but admittedly the mirror won't be much use at all as its so tiny so there's really no point in having one there in my view. There are 6 shades in the range,ranging from ivory to dark. The tube contains 35ml of product for £5.99.
screw cap





The formula itself is very thick and creamy, I would say its consistency is on par with a thick cream foundation. Because of the consistency I thought it would provide quite a good coverage but i would say the coverage is light-medium. When first applied i found it to be quite thick and sticky feeling but once blended that seemed to subside slightly.  I initially tried to blend this in with my Real Techniques buffing brush but found that it left a streaky finish so instead had to opt for my good old fingers which took a bit of work to get the finish I wanted.
the thick creamy formula




 The concealer provided in the cap is the exact same shade as the foundation and is lightweight in comparison. Unfortunately for me it didn't  provide the coverage I had hoped or expected . It did little to nothing to cover my blemishes or under-eye area.




the concealer and mirror provided in the cap



I found the overall finish to be quite greasy looking( that must be the 'glow' they were talking about :S)  which obviously isn't a look I go for ( or anyone else for that matter ) ,so I had to mattify with a powder. Once powdered it looked presentable but i found the product started to slip and melt after only a few hours which is very disappointing. I have to say this is maybe one of the worst foundations i have ever tried and i have amassed quite a few over the years. I will definitely not be repurchasing this any-time soon. 

Obviously everyone has different skin types ,mine being normal/combination .This definitely didn't agree with my skin type but maybe if you have a normal or dry skin type it might work better for you?




Collection Cover and Go is available from superdrug, boots and the collection website

What do you think? Have you tried this foundation what were your experiences? 

xx












No comments:

Post a Comment